Monday, August 18, 2008

Fingerprints

Just had to document this for chuckles later. We went to the USCIS office for fingerprinting for our I600A in order to get our 171H approval to adopt an orphan. When we walked in we were the only ones there and the man told us, with a grumpy face, to leave our cell phones in the car. K was so not happy about that, but of course we complied.

The gal who is in charge of this step told us she loves her adoption families and read our homestudy and will approve us as soon as our prints come back in 3 days. =) Then she said that she couldn't find my packet of papers that I sent with my payment. Nor could she see that we paid. Thankfully, someone did send me a receipt from their office and I also had a copt of the cashed check. =) Still, no papers. She hopes they are in the service office. That is our prayer for this week. Find those papers!!!!!!

Tonight my dad is dying... I am sad that J will never get to meet him. The biggest prayer I, or any of you, could pray for is that God will have mercy on his soul and he will get to meet J someday. Thanks for reading my dear loved ones..

1 comment:

Brooke said...

We'll continue to pray for him. Tell grandpa that we love him, and miss him, and we're praying that we'll see him in heaven one day. =)

Love you,
Marra family