
Jediah Paul Flynn
July 7th, 2007-June 1st 2009
July 7th, 2007-June 1st 2009
Our beautiful baby boy, who came to this world without legs; certain to face death in his culture, surviving malaria and life in a country primitive and impoverished; died last night of bacterial meningitis.
We know with certainty that he is walking and running at the feet of the Lord and he will never struggle again.
Even with this knowledge, we are hurting profoundly as a family.
Please pray for us and for all the orphans that wait for
“Forever Families.”
Kelly, Jennifer, Michael, Kasey, Sully, Sammy & Mattie Flynn
21 comments:
I am so incredibly sorry. There are not words for this type of profound loss.
I held your beautiful son Jed while at COTP in the Fall of 2007, but only under the extremely watchful eye of his nannies who LOVED him immeasurably. He held a very special place in the hearts of SO many at COTP and beyond.
You are in our thoughts and prayers today.
Rachel Thimjon, Mom to Nadia from COTP
You know we are just devastated for you. We LOVE LOVE LOVE you.
So very sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine the heartache you must feel. His pictures are precious and I can easily imagine him dancing with Jesus.
I am so sorry to hear about the loss of one of your precious little ones. May God comfort and hold you. All of you are in our prayers.
I also cared for Jed for two weeks in August 2007, and loved him like he was one of my own. I was so glad he found a family and would have parents and siblings to love him too. He was a beautiful, and bright child. I too take comfort that he is with Jesus now, and did not die alone. He has many who loved him. We will continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Katie Burchfield's mom, Roxanne
I am so sorry for you loss. I will be praying for your family in the coming days and months. Our daughter died seven years ago yesterday, June 1, and I just want to encourage you that just as Jediah is fully healed and in the presence of God, God promises to heal your hearts too.
Even as I cry now for the loss of Jediah and the loss of our daughter Eliana I'm so thankful that we have an amazing hope that death is not the end.
Jen and Todd (friends of Lee and Dawn)
My heart absolutely breaks for you...I broke down and cried when I read the news from Sara. I just cannot imagine how much pain you must be in, but know that my prayers are with you and your family. I am imagining your precious son as He is running to Jesus with his new legs, and praying your family finds just a little comfort with knowing you WILL meet him someday.
I'm so very sorry to hear this news. I still check the COTP site frequently to see who goes home. I am praying for healing and peace for your family over the loss of your precious son. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Our hearts are broken for your loss of little Jed. We are standing with you in prayer, knowing you will see him again one day. May God bless you with His peace and comfort.
The Confer family
Robenson (FHG)
I am so terribly, terribly sorry to hear of your loss. I remember when Jed first became available for adoption, and then we heard of your wonderful family last fall when we had Dawn and Lee Shelton over for dinner. I remember thanking God for the wonderful match he made--your family for Jed, and Jed for your family. Dawn and Lee think the world of all of you, and looking through your blog, I can easily see why. All of you are in our thoughts and prayers during this painful time.
I am so incredibly sorry. My heart is broken for you. I spent a lot of time with Jedd while I was at COTP and I know just how special he was to everyone he met. He was such an amazing little guy and he will be missed. Please know that we are praying for your entire family as well as all those who took care of him at COTP.
So very sorry to hear about your loss, we will be praying for your family as you deal with the incredible grief.
Jen Gibson (CCI/FHG)
So sorry to hear the news. We love you all and will be praying for you.
I am a friend of Dawn's, and I wanted to let you know how very sorry I am on the loss of your beautiful boy.
A prayer has been said for your family including Jed.
My heart goes out to you. I am so very sorry. Such a sweet, sweet boy he was.
Hi,
We are friends of Dawn and Lee. We are so very saddened and heartbroken for your loss, please know that we wish you the peace and comfort that only THE Comfortor can provide. Our hearts are heavy for you and we lift you in prayer before the Heavenly Father.
Karen & Dan
I worked with Dawn Shelton, I'm so sorry to hear the sad news. Praying for your family.
Oh sweet boy. How much pain and loss we feel for and with you. What a beautiful picture it is to imagine him DANCING on his NEW legs at Jesus' feet right now. That picture makes me cry tears of joy even amongst the tears of grief. Although I've haven't met you yet, God has knit you and your family into my heart. I love you and am praying for you every time I think of you. (Which is pretty darn often). Hugs, Kisses, and more hugs.
I am so sorry for the loss of your son. He was stunning!
I see him dancing amomg the angels........
In prayer, Jill
Ho!.... I am very sorry. You are in our thoughts and prayers today.
Thanks for sharing....
--
Jhon
You cannot go wrong on the best security systems
Post a Comment