Thursday, October 15, 2009

It's a BOY!!!

What else would it be for us =) ???? We are thrilled and he is absolutely adorable. He was abandoned in Ethiopia and is about 3-4 months old now. Not only do we get to pick a name, but we also get to pick a birth date for him. Our dossier arrived in Washington DC today and will be authenticated and translated and in Ethiopia within 2 weeks. The courts in Ethiopia close for the rainy season and have not opened back up yet. I am almost certain that he will be home before he is 1 yr..
We are advised to not post photos until our children are home and we will abide by that, but look out once this beautiful baby gets here. =) I believe we are entertaining the name Josiah. It means "God Saves".
We have watched many children come home within 6 months and some even sooner from Ethiopia. It's so encouraging, but sad for my friends in Haiti who still wait and wait and wait. Pray with me for those precious families to come together sooner and sooner.

4 comments:

Emily Stark said...

Congratulations! That is very exciting - we can hardly wait to see him! I will pray for your friends who are still waiting for their babies in Haiti.

Love Always,
Emily

Jenny said...

VALERIE!!! Wonderful News, I'm all teary! Praise God for a quick process in Ethiopia. Can't wait to see him. Maybe you'll have to sneak me a peek ;)

I love and adore your family picture. Amazing that everyone is looking at the camera and smiling! :) I know how those go!

Dawn S. said...

YAY!! Can't wait! You better fly out here for a visit before he gets here!

Katy said...

That is fantastic news!!! I love your little foster baby news too....Many congratulations as you watch God's plan unfold. Thank you for encouraging prayers for those of us stuck in the Haitian process...it has been 20 months in process for me, and 14 months with no good news.