Thursday, October 23, 2008

It's Mamma's Birthday

I have never blogged and have no idea what I am doing. Like most men, I have no plans to stop and ask for directions because like most "Man Missions"- there is no time. I could get caught tampering where I don't belong and that could mean "Mission Unaccomplished."

So what is the mission? To let any and all who might ever come across this blog, know in the slightest way something about it's primary author and Official Authorized User.

I have often said, that there are so many decisions I have made through my life that have been wrong, uninformed or simply poor judgment. Yet I am eternally grateful for the two decisions that I'm fond of saying, "makes up for all the bad ones that have been or ever will be made."

The first decision was for Christ. A decision that forms and shapes me daily; a process that I know will take my lifetime on this Earth. This decision impacts all others and was a profound influence in the second most important decision; the subject of tonight's post.

The mother of my children, the wife of my youth (middle age and old age too) and truly and honestly the best friend and person I have ever known. I have heard in the blog world you're not suppose to use first names etc. So for the sake of staying true to the rules, I will give her a pseudonym... Please be advised, this is not her name, any similarity of a real or fictional character is purely coincidental... Again, this is only my made up name for her. I will call her, "Jenny."

I have written poems for years, letters and cards, emails and texts, testimonials and talking points about who and what she is. The sum of them all does not begin to describe the totality of my "Jenny."

As a Mom she seems so instinctive, intuitive, incomparable. If you ever have the pleasure of watching her you will be blessed. Her children truly adore and revere her. I have said many times that one of the influencing factors in us taking more children is it "seems a shame to deny a child the experience of having her as a Mom." I couldn't agree with myself more.

What I want to convey tonight is that her love is unending. Her devotion indescribable, her commitment to me and us and our children is her life's ambition. I wish all could experience what we have, yet I guard it with my life. I could literally write pages of her virtues and beauty, but I simply want to declare to all who will hear; how much I love and truly adore and cherish my "Jenny." (not her real name of course)

Happy Birthday My love. Now and forever more.

9689 9696 444 777 888

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Daddy.. What have you done? =) I can't even begin to express how grateful I am that God chose me for you. You are such a Godly husband and leader of our home. Thank you for my birthday bloggy, know that my every day is happy because I am yours. I love you soooooooo much.
Love,
"Jenny"

Dawn S. said...

AAAAAAAGGGGH!!! I have missed bff's b-day????? I even talked to you on the phone!!! NAUGHTY!! You AND me!!! Well, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! I would have been on sooner but was out of town, as you know. LOVE YOU xoxoxox

Dawn S. said...

PS
You've been tagged :)
visit my blog for details

Kimmie said...

cracking up...funny stuff. Especially the fake name *jenny* hahahhahaha.

I needed to laugh.

Of course not laughing at the serious stuff, like accepting Christ or what an awesome woman your girl is. Yeah for that, as there aren't a lot of women of great character left floating around this earth.

thanks again for the laugh.

Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted