Thursday, January 17, 2008

K our #2 son..


K, a decade old. The doctors told me during a routine bloodtest during pregnancy that he would be a Downs Syndrome baby. They said it would be "best" if I aborted and tried again a few months later. Never an option we said and we learned a whole lot about Downs that year in preparation. =)
He was born a healthy 8 lb. bouncing baby boy. A few quirky things about him is that he has always had sensory integration issues with clothing and his personal space. He has amblyopia and is blind on one eye, but what vigor and wit. He is so charming, sharp, and funny. I wouldn't imagine life without our little entertainer. K loves to sing, play the piano, tell jokes, he's a yellow belt in ju jit su and loves to help his grandpa in the winter of his life.
The day we met J on the website, K looked at his photo and wept at the thought that no one would want him. K said, "Get my little brother home"..
I truly cherish the precious things my children say to me.. K came to me a few weeks ago, put his arm around me, and said, "Mom, I want to be one of 20 siblings. I have the happiest life and most wonderful family in the world.", kissed me and bounded off to play. sniff.. sniff..
I love you my sweet K..

1 comment:

katy said...

Hi I found your blog!! It is awsome don't put it down!! THank you Thank you for the donation!! YOu have no idea how much that means to us! I had not checked our account for awhile and when I did I was so blessed! Josh and I where feeling down and there it was! Josh asked if I had told you we where down and I said no but God did:-) How does if feel to be used by God? Thank you so much you have been one of my BIGGEST encouragements!! thank you thank you. Praying for you and your family. Yes I would love to chad sometime even better I would love to meet you. See ya Katy