Monday, January 28, 2008

Update on our baby.

Here is an update from the orphanage about baby Jed. Oh how we cling to any tidbit of info about the baby we long to hold in our arms. Enjoy..

J, Our little charmer is doing so well right now! He just gets cuter by the day, and is such a happy and easygoing baby. He rarely cries, unless he’s hungry, stinky, or tired, and will smile and flirt with anyone who stops to say hi. When he does get mad, and has time to wind up, he cries so hard, and sweats so much! If I can’t get to him for a couple of minutes, he’s dripping with sweat by the time I get there! He’s very expressive, both with his facial expressions and with his verbal noises. If he’s laying on the floor with toys he can reach for, he reaches for them and talks to them for a long time! He usually says “daa daa daa”, but seems to be carrying out long conversations with that one syllable! He also likes to blow raspberries, and today I heard him making a grunting noise in his throat while he was talking to himself. And then when you look at him to see what he’s doing, he just grins. J He sucks on the part of his claw that has two little fingers on it. He usually just sucks it when he’s hungry, but he’s starting to use it more just to soothe himself. His thumb on his other hand is also double jointed, and one day recently he sat looking at his thumb for a long time. He kept bending it and making it pop, looking at it like he was inspecting it! It was so cute. He’s starting to be so aware of things around him, and is so responsive. He has been spending the days with me at the volunteer house, and then goes back in the nursery to sleep at night. He wasn’t gaining weight very quickly, so we wanted to keep a closer eye on him. He has gained about 1 ½ pounds in the last two weeks, and we’ve had so much fun having him around! Micah and Rose love him, and give him kisses and play with him all the time. His most recent weight is 10 pounds, 9 ounces.

3 comments:

katy said...

How GREAT is that!?!?!?

Brooke said...

Hey aunt Jenn! I put a link to your blog on my blog, I thought you wouldn't mind. ;)

Baby Jeddy is so cute!

I love you so much, and can't wait to see you guys! =D

Brianna said...

Hi Aunt Jennifer! Thank you, I did have a nice birthday. Thank you for the birthday money, I bought a Third Day album.
Kasey's blog is really cute,I went and posted on it.
Can't wait to meet baby Jed, we are all praying that you'll have him soon!
Love you! Say hi to everybody for me!
Brianna.